Tuesday 25 October 2011

Mistakes (by Sue Jung)

Bird

A bird was singing outside my window at night.

I hated it.

I got flu.

I had a high fever.

The bird was singing.

I couldn’t sleep at all.

I loathed it.

I got over the flu.

The bird was gone.

I waited for it.

I denied that I was waiting for it.

There were nights.

I was there.

A Mistakes

I wrote about the bird.

I decided to make an installation using this experience.

The bird wasn’t there.

I made a document about 19 days with the bird.

I wasn’t confident with my English.

I asked Huw Greenwood to correct the English mistakes in the diary.

He was my classmate.

I displayed the correct version of the diary in a group show.

Sam Bunn

In the group show, Sam Bunn told me that there were few mistakes in the document.

He was my classmate, too.

I told him that is weird.

I told him that I asked Huw to correct English errors.

Then he precisely pointed out some errors.

I was puzzled.

I didn’t understand why mistakes were still there.

Huw Greenwood

I told Huw that Sam indicated the mistakes in the text.

He wasn’t surprised.

He said that he deliberately left the mistakes.

I couldn’t understand his intention.

He told me that he left it because he thought it showed my personality.

I laughed.

I asked him what my personality is.

He didn’t say anything.

Steve Klee

I had my tutorial for my work.

Steve Klee was my tutor.

I showed him the work about the bird.

We talked about many things.

He asked whether the mistakes in the text were intended or not.

I said it was intended, but by another person not me.

I told him the story.

He laughed.

He said my works had some kinds of humor.

It was the first time that I heard it.

I liked it.

Huw Greenwood

I forced Huw to correct it again.

He said that it would remove my personality in the document.

I said I didn’t care.

He corrected it.

There were many mistakes indeed.

That was a bit sad.

Huw Greenwood

I asked him to correct the errors once again.

I wanted to know whether this one can be the same as the last correct version or not.

He corrected it.

It was quite different from the previous one.

I was satisfied somehow.

Flora Whiteley

I had my tutorial for my work.

Flora Whiteley was my tutor.

We were talking about the work and the document about the bird.

I told her there were many mistakes.

She was surprised.

She said she couldn’t find any mistakes.

I was surprised.

She said even if there were few mistakes it wasn’t important.

I agreed.

We didn’t talk about it.

I liked that she didn’t notice the errors.

I disliked that she didn’t notice the errors.

I don’t know what is right and what is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Foolscap Journal is an occaional journal of just one piece of writing, edited by Michael Lawton. Submissions are welcome and should be sent to mlawton(at)hotmail.co.uk.